Students can schedule an advising appointment online using the links below. Please select the advisor you would like to speak with by clicking on the link to schedule your appointment. If you are unable to attend your appointment, please cancel it online or call the Department. Please do not book an appointment with more than one advisor at a time. Appointments may be booked with any of the following advisors:
- Neil Buckley, Undergraduate Program Director
- Book an Advising Appointment with Neil.
- Lori Sgarbossa, Student Academic Advisor
- Book an Advising Appointment with Lori.
- Jill Thomas, Undergraduate Program Advisor
- Book an Advising Appointment with Jill (on leave).
- Magy Baket, Undergraduate Program Advisor
- Book an Advising Appointment with Magy.
- Luisa Robinson, Undergraduate Program Advisor
- Book an Advising Appointment with Luisa
If you are unable to attend an appointment in person, you may email the Department email at email@example.com for alternate advising.
IMPORTANT: Advising appointments are not for petitions. Students can discuss petitions during drop-in times Mondays 10am-12pm and Thursdays 1pm-3pm.
Preparing for Your Academic Advising Appointment
- Plan in advance. The Department has a large number of students and during peak periods it may be difficult to schedule an advising appointment on your preferred day and time. Schedule your advising appointment in advance to ensure you get your requested date, time, and advisor.
- Attend your appointments. Keep your scheduled advising appointments and arrive on-time. If you cannot attend your advising appointment or need to reschedule, please notify the Department or cancel online as soon as possible.
- Review your degree program requirements. Students should bring an up-to-date program checklist to their advising appointment and can review their program requirements in the Academic Calendar.
- Draft a course plan. Create a draft course plan for the next term(s) to review with your advisor. Use the Course Mapping Template (PDF) to help plan your schedule for future terms and/or the Visual Schedule Builder when enrolling in courses for the upcoming academic session.
- Ask questions, get answers. Come prepared with a list of questions and/or concerns to discuss with your advisor. Advisors are knowledgeable of a range student services on campus and can refer you accordingly and provide you with important information and direction. Review the Department's Undergraduate Advising Guide to understand the importance of academic advising and how it can help.
Undergraduate Office Contact Information:
Department of Economics
1144 Vari Hall
Important: If you cannot attend your advising appointment or need to reschedule, please notify the Department or cancel online as soon as possible.