Students can schedule an advising appointment online using the links below. Please select the advisor you would like to speak with by clicking on the link to schedule your appointment. If you are unable to attend your appointment, please cancel it online or call the Department.
January Advising Schedule Information
Academic Advising for Friday, January 11 will be held between 11am-4pm.
- There will be no scheduled advising appointments between January 3-January 18. The Department will be holding 15 minute drop-in appointments every day during this period between 10am-3:30pm.
- To see an advisor between January 3 - January 18, please come to the department and put your name on the appointment sign-in sheet located at the front desk.
- Monday and Thursday petitions advising will be cancelled during January 3-18. Students can come anytime for drop-in advising during this period.
- The regular advising schedule will begin the week of January 21.
- Please do not book multiple appointments with different advisors at any one time.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to sign in and review your degree requirements checklist.
Available Academic Advisors
Appointments may be booked with any of the following advisors:
- Gordana Colby, Undergraduate Program Director
- Book an Advising Appointment with Gordana.
- Jill Thomas, Undergraduate Program Advisor
- Book an Advising Appointment with Jill.
- Magy Baket, Undergraduate Program Advisor
- Book an Advising Appointment with Magy.
- Luisa Robinson, Undergraduate Program Advisor
- Book an Advising Appointment with Luisa
If you are unable to attend an appointment in person, please call the Department at 416-736-5083 to arrange a phone-in advising appointment.
IMPORTANT: Advising appointments are not for petitions. Students can discuss petitions during drop-in times Mondays 10am-12pm and Thursdays 2pm-4pm.
Preparing for Your Academic Advising Appointment
- Plan in advance. The Department has a large number of students and during peak periods it may be difficult to schedule an advising appointment on your preferred day and time. Schedule your advising appointment in advance to ensure you get your requested date, time, and advisor.
- Attend your appointments. Keep your scheduled advising appointments and arrive on-time. If you cannot attend your advising appointment or need to reschedule, please notify the Department or cancel online as soon as possible.
- Review your degree program requirements. Students should bring an up-to-date program checklist to their advising appointment and can review their program requirements in the Academic Calendar.
- Draft a course plan. Create a draft course plan for the next term(s) to review with your advisor. Use the Course Mapping Template (PDF) to help plan your schedule for future terms and/or the Visual Schedule Builder when enrolling in courses for the upcoming academic session.
- Ask questions, get answers. Come prepared with a list of questions and/or concerns to discuss with your advisor. Advisors are knowledgeable of a range student services on campus and can refer you accordingly and provide you with important information and direction. Review the Department's Undergraduate Advising Guide to understand the importance of academic advising and how it can help.
Undergraduate Office Contact Information:
Department of Economics
1144 Vari Hall
Important: If you cannot attend your advising appointment or need to reschedule, please notify the Department or cancel online as soon as possible.