The Department of Economics offers the following academic advising for new, prospective, and current economics majors:
- Drop-In Academic Advising
- Scheduled Academic Advising Appointments
- Students who want to review their degree progress should come prepared with a completed degree planning worksheet.
- Scheduled appointments can be booked with the Undergraduate Program Director using the link below.
- New transfer credit students should schedule an appointment through MyFile for new student advising.
- New high school students admitted for the Fall 2019 term should complete YUStart prior to meeting with an Academic Advisor. More new student information can be found here.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to sign in and review your degree requirements checklist.
Book an Appointment with an Academic Advisor
Students can schedule an advising appointment online using the links below. Please select the advisor you would like to speak with by clicking on the link to schedule your appointment. If you are unable to attend your appointment, please cancel it online or call the Department.
Appointments may be booked with any of the following advisors:
- Neil Buckley, Undergraduate Program Director
- Book an Advising Appointment with Neil.
- Magy Baket, Undergraduate Program Advisor
- Book an Advising Appointment with Magy.
- Min Eng, Undergraduate Program Advisor
- Book an Advising Appointment with Min.
- Luisa Robinson, Undergraduate Program Advisor
- Book an Advising Appointment with Luisa.
If you are unable to attend an appointment in person, you can call the Department at 416-736-5083 to arrange a phone-in advising appointment.
IMPORTANT: Please do not book multiple appointments with different advisors at any one time.
Drop-In Academic Advising
Drop-in appointments work on a first come, first serve basis and are intended to help students with urgent issues or shorter discussions (approximately 15 minutes) with an Academic Advisor in the Department of Economics.
Drop-In Appointments are best used for questions on:
- Degree planning - if there are no issues on your Degree Progress Report.
- Academic question or concerns relating to your academic standing, your program, or courses.
- Academic Petition submission advising, questions, or concerns.
- Information on resources available for personal and academic success and well-being.
- Other urgent concerns that require immediate attention by an Academic Advisor.
Drop-In Academic Advising Hours
|Monday||10:00 am-12:00pm||Not specified|
|Please note: Advisors can only accommodate a certain number of drop-ins per day. Please arrive as early as possible in the morning to place your name on the drop-in schedule for the day. These hours are subject to change.|
Preparing for Your Academic Advising Appointment
- Plan in advance. The Department has a large number of students and during peak periods it may be difficult to schedule an advising appointment on your preferred day and time. Schedule your advising appointment in advance to ensure you get your requested date, time, and advisor.
- Attend your appointments. Keep your scheduled advising appointments and arrive on-time. If you cannot attend your advising appointment or need to reschedule, please notify the Department at 416-736-5083 or cancel online as soon as possible.
- Review your degree program requirements. Students should bring an up-to-date program checklist to their advising appointment and can review their program requirements in the Academic Calendar.
- Use the Visual Schedule Builder when enrolling in courses for the upcoming academic session.
- Ask questions, get answers. Come prepared with a list of questions and/or concerns to discuss with your advisor. Advisors are knowledgeable on a range of student services on campus and can refer you accordingly and provide you with important information and direction. Review the Department's Undergraduate Advising Guide to understand the importance of academic advising and how it can help.
Undergraduate Office Contact Information:
Department of Economics
1144 Vari Hall
Important: If you cannot attend your advising appointment or need to reschedule, please notify the Department or cancel online as soon as possible.