Due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, staff in the Department of Economics will be working remotely, and are not available for face-to-face meetings. You can, however, reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you could leave a message at 416-736-5083. Staff will be monitoring both routinely Monday to Friday during regular working hours, i.e., 8:30am to 4:30pm.
If you are seeking academic advice, please book an Advising Appointment below. By booking this advising appointment, you are letting us know that you would like an advisor to connect with you. We will email you prior to the appointment time, and we will respond to your enquiries by email. Please check the email that you have on file with York University as this is the email we will be using to reach out to you.
NOTE: Drop-In Advising has been suspended.
Please remember to keep checking your emails and the University Coronavirus Information and Update website for information and announcements.
The Department of Economics offers the following academic advising for New (Transfer Credit) and current Economics majors and students looking to change their major to Economics:
- Drop-In Academic Advising
- Scheduled Academic Advising Appointments
- New high school students admitted for the Fall 2020 term should complete YUStart prior to meeting with an Academic Advisor. More information for new students can be found here.
- New transfer credit students should schedule an appointment through MyFile for new student advising.
- Economics students who want to review their degree progress should come prepared with a completed degree planning worksheet.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early and check in at the Economics office (1144 Vari Hall).
- If you are unable to attend your appointment in person, you can call the Department at 416-736-5083 to arrange a phone-in advising appointment.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, please cancel it online or call the Department.
Book an Appointment with an Academic Advisor
Students can schedule an advising appointment online using the links below. Please select the advisor you would like to speak with by clicking on the link to schedule your appointment.
Appointments may be booked with any of the following advisors:
- Neil Buckley, Undergraduate Program Director
- Book an Advising Appointment with Neil.
- Magy Baket, Undergraduate Program Advisor
- Book an Advising Appointment with Magy.
- Min Eng, Undergraduate Program Advisor
- Book an Advising Appointment with Min.
- Luisa Robinson, Undergraduate Program Advisor
- Book an Advising Appointment with Luisa.
No available appointments? No problem! Check out our flexible Drop-in Advising services!
IMPORTANT: Please do not book multiple appointments with different advisors at any one time.
Undergraduate Office Contact Information:
Department of Economics
1144 Vari Hall
Important: If you cannot attend your advising appointment or need to reschedule, please notify the Department or cancel online as soon as possible.