Virtual Drop-in Advising via QLESS is available for ECON majors seeking academic advice. There will be no advanced booked appointments.
This advising service will be available from Monday to Thursday from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM and then 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
Drop-in advising is provided on a first come, first served basis and each drop-in session will be approximately 15 minutes. Once the queue reaches capacity, it will close for the day.
How to Connect with an ECON Advisor online?
1. Download the QLESS app on your smartphone from the Google Play Store or iTunes.
2. Open the app and select "Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies".
3. Join the Economics Virtual Call Back Advising line.
4. An advisor will summon you from the line and connect with you via phone, or Zoom
Preparing for Your Drop-in Advising Session
• Review your degree program requirements in the Academic Calendar.
• Complete an up-to-date program checklist prior to your virtual appointment.
• Ask questions, get answers. Come prepared with specific questions and/or concerns to discuss with your advisor. Advisors are knowledgeable on a range of student services on campus and can refer you accordingly and provide you with important information and direction.
NOTE: If you are not able to join QLESS please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates are changing and evolving as new information becomes available. For a detailed breakdown of Summer 2020 and Fall/Winter 2020-21 sessional dates, please refer to the Registrar’s Office website.
For more information about the upcoming Fall/Winter 2020-2021 Academic Session and York’s path forward for the upcoming academic year, visit the YU Better Together FAQYU Better Together FAQ web page. Find answers to some of your questions about enrolment, class delivery, research, academic support, student services, general operations and much more.
REMINDER: Check for available self-serve tools and resources on My Online Services. Get what you need, from wherever you are, at almost any time of the day.
Stay safe and healthy!
Your ECON Advising Team